Countertops vs. Global Surface Solutions Countertops
There’s a vast world of options out there when it comes to choosing a countertop for your home or business: wood, granite, quartz, concrete, marble, recycled glass, laminate, tile, lava, stainless steel, resin, porcelain . . . the list goes on and on. But when it comes to durability, style, and versatility, there’s no better countertop than a Global Surface Solutions Countertop.
Every material has its own advantages and disadvantages when it comes to countertops:
- Wood looks classical but is prone to chips, scratches, and wear.
- Concrete can be shaped and styled in various ways, but is extremely heavy and difficult to transport.
- Stainless Steel is elegant and clean-looking, but is often cold and shows significant wear with time.
- Tile is versatile offering a vast variety of styles and materials, but can be difficult to clean and expensive to repair.
- Marble provides an elegant finish to any room, but much like concrete can be very heavy and is one of the more expensive materials to work with.
- Laminate countertops are one of the most popular finishes because they’re the most cost effective, but application can end up peeling and repairs are difficult without fully replacing the entire counter.
However, when it comes to the Global Surface Solutions Countertops, there are fewer disadvantages. Here’s why . . .
We work with polymer modified cement (PMC), a material that’s not only durable, but also extremely versatile when it comes to design and finishes. In fact, the final product can be made to look exactly like any other type of countertop material. Here’s the breakdown:
- Easily Transportable – Countertops made from PMC are often built using a lightweight core. While it may look like a heavy slab of marble, it’s actually not. This not only gives the counter a durable flexibility, it also makes it much easier to transport.
- Long Lasting – Thanks to the inherent flexibility of the material, PMC countertops are long lasting. The versatility of the finishes means it doesn’t come with the weaknesses of other materials, which makes for a long lasting addition to your home or business.
- Strong! – Polymer modified cement overlays are as hard and durable as concrete floors, even when placed over plywood substrates.
- Stylish and Adaptable – Our countertops can take on any dimension, be formed to any shape, and can include decorative products like glass, metal, or special rocks.
If you’re looking for a countertop, we can help! No matter the shape or size, if you’re looking for the absolute best in versatility of style and long lasting durability, Global Surface Solutions Countertops should be at the top of your list.
Contact Us Today